What is the Covid-19 Incentive?
To help trade and boost advertising, this incentive was created to assist companies by directly engaging with their current and potential customers.
You can achieve postage credits to be used on future postings if you send Advertising Mail, Responsible Mail and Partially Addressed Mail volume*, it can be for example a high street retail business hoping to bring customers to their website or a charity who need to find fundraisers and increase donations**.
*Subject to terms and conditions. Your Access provider will be charged at the current Access price, and you will be awarded eligible postage credits in accordance with the process set out in Clause 4 of the RM Incentive Framework Terms, subsequent to you submitting a valid postage credit application form within 6 months of your Incentive Period. As per the Incentive Framework Terms, the ‘Incentive Period’ is the term as set out in your approved incentive application form.
**See the Royal Mail (RM) incentive eligibility criteria from their PDF link.
The incentive works by:
If you use advertising Mail in the incentive scheme:
- Using Royal Mail's Mailmark service (or an Access 1400 service if the items are unwrapped or polywrapped and posted as Letter format)
- Posted in trays (or bags if posting manual unwrapped or polywrapped items)
- Posted for a purpose set out in our Content Guidance Document (pdf link)
- To be eligible for the incentive and receive postage credits the mailing volumes achieved have to be equal to or exceed 20000 items, but no more than 1 million.
- Your Access provider will be charged at the current Access price, and you will be awarded eligible postage credits at the end of the incentive period for each qualifying mail item that has been verified by Royal Mail
When does it start and for how long?
It will run for a limited period between 20 May 2020 until 31 December 2020, with a limitation on the overall volume capped to 120 million items and to make sure that all successful applying companies will be able to get all the help they require, the allocation will be split up by volume as follows:
- May – June - 40 million items
- July – September - 60 million items
- October - December - 20 million items
To be considered and take part in this incentive you need have applied to the Royal Mail by the 11th of December 2020.
June 26, 2020